Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hareshbhai Desai,Vinaykumar (Vinaykumar)" <de...@avaya.com> on 2014/10/31 04:50:21 UTC

require infomation on tomcat 6.0 EOL and support

Hi All,

As per my understanding tomcat 6.0 is EOL but it's not yet announced. Generally EOL announcement to EOL timeframe would be 1 year. That mean tomcat 6.0 support time frame would be minimum 1 yr from now. Just wanted to confirm that any security vulnerability found in this period  then Apache tomcat will provide support of tomcat 6 .  Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards,
Vinay

Re: require infomation on tomcat 6.0 EOL and support

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 31/10/2014 03:50, Hareshbhai Desai,Vinaykumar (Vinaykumar) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As per my understanding tomcat 6.0 is EOL but it's not yet announced.

Nope.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatVersions

> Generally EOL announcement to EOL timeframe would be 1 year.

Generally we do aim to give at least 12 months notice of EOL.

> That mean tomcat 6.0 support time frame would be minimum 1 yr from now.
> Just wanted to confirm that any security vulnerability found in this
> period then Apache tomcat will provide support of tomcat 6.

Generally, yes.

> Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Keep in mind that Tomcat committers are volunteers and a release
requires one of those committers to volunteer to do the release. So
while there has always been a volunteer to date, the ASF can offer no
guarantees of what will happen in the future.

Mark

Re: require infomation on tomcat 6.0 EOL and support

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.