Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi> on 2004/10/15 22:29:45 UTC

xmldb:xindice

Hi All,

some time ago I have posted a question about connecting XIndice and Cocoon:

http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2004-October/056948.html

which also lists the current setup.

I have great trouble to get this connection to work, and I was hoping
that one of you could look into this and potentially spot an error
somewhere. Did anyone actually succeed in accessing the standalone
version of XIndice through Cocoon, or do you recommend to use the
embedded version instead. I am quite sure that Cocoon in fact connects
to XIndice but somehow the communication between them results in an
error. Maybe there is a bug in the xmldb:xindice protocol
implementation? In the past, I have been relying on XIndice 1.0 which
worked very nicely with Cocoon to extract/insert one or more entries
from the database. I would like to rely on the latest version of XIndice
(1.1b4) from now on.

Thank you for your help,
Andre.