Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Wilson <sh...@atmreports.com> on 2002/08/28 18:04:30 UTC

Removing files from /lib

I must not be understanding completely the way the classloaders work under
Tomcat. I thought that if I stop a webapp through the manager application
that should unload its jar files. However, even after it's stopped, I find
that log4j jar file is locked so I can't remove it.

Why would that one file be locked but the others not?

-shawn

====================================
Shawn Wilson [shawnw@atmreports.com]
Software Developer, ATMReports.com
PH: 877-327-0873, FAX: 406-294-5806

RE: Removing files from /lib

Posted by Shawn Wilson <sh...@atmreports.com>.
It is in WEB-INF/lib, which is why I thought it would be unlocked when I
stop that webapp.

-shawn

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Removing files from /lib