Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wai <bz...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/31 01:07:37 UTC

How to use Layered Navigation

Hello All,

Could someone give me some pointers in locating and using the layered
navigation feature.
I've enabled the associated code in
specialpurpose/ecommerce/widget/CatalogScreens.xml and I'm not seeing
anything different with viewing the gizmo and widget categories, in
ecommerce component, as compared to when layered navigation was disabled.

https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/main-new-features-in-2009.html tells me,

"...One of the biggest featured introduced in Ecommerce and which was
"Layered Navigation of Categories." Layered navigation in an Ecommerce
application allows the user to filter the product listing based on
categories, features and price ranges. The user can apply multiple filters
to the given product listing. He can narrow or expand his search and try
different filter combinations so as to find the desired product...."

Where do I find this filter?  How/where do I go about creating multiple
filters?

tia
Wai

Re: How to use Layered Navigation

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.
really interested as well. When I activate that future I get the error:

/org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://ecommerce/widget/CatalogScreens.xml#category]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error running script at location
[component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/catalog/LayeredNavigation.groovy]:
javax.script.ScriptException:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup
failed:
Script162.groovy: 63: unable to resolve class GenericValue
@ line 63, column 9.
for (GenericValue categoryRollup : productCategoryRollups) {
^

1 error
(Error running script at location
[component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/catalog/LayeredNavigation.groovy]:
javax.script.ScriptException:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup
failed:
Script162.groovy: 63: unable to resolve class GenericValue
@ line 63, column 9.
for (GenericValue categoryRollup : productCategoryRollups) {
^

1 error
)/

Re: How to use Layered Navigation

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Wai,

You might be looking at some other code (definitely so when you have
downloaded the trunk recently) than the document in the url you provided is
referring to.

Please have a look at all improvements by looking at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Main+New+Features

which states all improvements since version 04.

Regards,

Pierre

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.
thanks, that was what I allready found. So It seems that this future is just
to be coded. But nothing difficult. Thanks.

Re: How to use Layered Navigation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I don't know much about it, all I know is there

Jacques

From: "Robert2012" <ga...@mercon24.de>

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.
Wai wrote

> Hello All,
>
> Could someone give me some pointers in locating and using the layered
> navigation feature.
> I've enabled the associated code in
> specialpurpose/ecommerce/widget/CatalogScreens.xml and I'm not seeing
> anything different with viewing the gizmo and widget categories, in
> ecommerce component, as compared to when layered navigation was disabled.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/main-new-features-in-2009.html tells me,
>
> "...One of the biggest featured introduced in Ecommerce and which was
> "Layered Navigation of Categories." Layered navigation in an Ecommerce
> application allows the user to filter the product listing based on
> categories, features and price ranges. The user can apply multiple filters
> to the given product listing. He can narrow or expand his search and try
> different filter combinations so as to find the desired product...."
>
> Where do I find this filter?  How/where do I go about creating multiple
> filters?
>
> tia
> Wai

Ok I got a step on it, cause it could not resolve the GenericValue class I
just deleted the call in:
LayeredNavigation.groovy

/  if (productCategoryRollups) {
        for (GenericValue categoryRollup : productCategoryRollups) {
            categoryConstraint = new
ProductSearch.CategoryConstraint(categoryRollup.parentProductCategoryId,
true, false);
            if (searchConstraintList.contains(categoryConstraint)) {
                previousCategoryId = categoryRollup.parentProductCategoryId;
                context.previousCategoryId = previousCategoryId;
            }
        }
    }/

without it, it works, so for what is that part?