Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Peter Kullmann <p....@arenae.ch> on 2011/02/04 10:45:53 UTC

Sporadic web service call failures - how to debug?

Hi, we have some problems with an axis 1.4 setup where a remote client application calls a web service on our server through https. Sometimes a call doesn't seem to come through, ie times out on the client. On the server we see nothing of the call, neither in the apache web server which is handling https nor on the tomcat where our web service is hosted. We have long time experience with this setup and didn't have problems with it. We created a test application that calls the service 4 times every 10 seconds. About once a day such a call times out. I'm quite sure that the problem has nothing to do with axis directly but hope that someone has solved similar problems.

Where could we look for a solution? I'd be very grateful for any tips and/or pointers.

Best regards,
Peter