Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by "Betts, Hendry" <He...@viasat.com> on 2009/07/24 16:30:21 UTC

A Question about PasswordDigest

I am relatively new to working with the Axis2/Rampart 1.3 libraries and
I am currently developing a client that will use passwordDigest password
types.  How/where does the nonce and timestamp get generated? Is that
done in the PWCBHandler?

Hendry Betts| ViaSat |Developer| *:hendry.betts@viasat.com|
*:678.924.2409 | *: 404.754.0636

Re: A Question about PasswordDigest

Posted by prabath <pr...@wso2.com>.
Hi Betts;

We need not to worry about the digest calculation - you simply need to
set the password type to #PasswordDigest and supply the password in
clear text from your password callback handler.

Inside wss4j code; will take your password in clear text and do the
digest verification.

Thanks & regards.
-Prabath