Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> on 2011/09/06 15:57:45 UTC

TortoiseSVN Subversion Exception Dialog (was: Re: Subversion exception)

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 09:10:24AM -0400, Andy Levy wrote:
>> 2. It would be better if such dialogs had textual content that
>> can be copied & pasted and searched for in forums, instead of
>> such a dialog that has to be screen-shot.
> Second, this is ALREADY a built-in feature of Windows which isn't
> advertised, so there is no need for such a request to be made. With
> the dialog active, hit CTRL-C. The text of the whole thing will be
> copied to your clipboard. Then paste it wherever you need it.

(cc'ing Stefan Küng)

It would be great if TortoiseSVN explained this in the dialog text.
It could also ask people not to send screenshots to the list.
Would this be possible?

Re: TortoiseSVN Subversion Exception Dialog

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 08:24:07PM +0200, Stefan Küng wrote:
> >>Second, this is ALREADY a built-in feature of Windows which isn't
> >>advertised, so there is no need for such a request to be made. With
> >>the dialog active, hit CTRL-C. The text of the whole thing will be
> >>copied to your clipboard. Then paste it wherever you need it.
> >
> >(cc'ing Stefan Küng)
> >
> >It would be great if TortoiseSVN explained this in the dialog text.
> >It could also ask people not to send screenshots to the list.
> >Would this be possible?
>
> Added hint about Ctrl-C in r21949.

Cheers!

> But the text is already quite long, so I haven't mentioned anything
> about screenshots on the list - I think that should be best
> mentioned on the web page where the mailing lists are mentioned.

Works for me. I'll add a note there.

Re: TortoiseSVN Subversion Exception Dialog

Posted by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com>.
On 06.09.2011 15:57, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 09:10:24AM -0400, Andy Levy wrote:
>>> 2. It would be better if such dialogs had textual content that
>>> can be copied&  pasted and searched for in forums, instead of
>>> such a dialog that has to be screen-shot.
>> Second, this is ALREADY a built-in feature of Windows which isn't
>> advertised, so there is no need for such a request to be made. With
>> the dialog active, hit CTRL-C. The text of the whole thing will be
>> copied to your clipboard. Then paste it wherever you need it.
>
> (cc'ing Stefan Küng)
>
> It would be great if TortoiseSVN explained this in the dialog text.
> It could also ask people not to send screenshots to the list.
> Would this be possible?

Added hint about Ctrl-C in r21949.
But the text is already quite long, so I haven't mentioned anything
about screenshots on the list - I think that should be best mentioned on
the web page where the mailing lists are mentioned.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"