Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bruno Charloup <bc...@jouve.fr> on 2005/10/28 09:31:54 UTC

Question about the logic of the internal proxy of JMeter

Hello,
I've always some problems while registering http requests through the proxy.
The problem occurs with some requests using POST method.

I made the test with 2 forms :
- the recorded headers have the same attributes : referer, host,
accept-language, user-agent, pragma, accept and the same content-type :
"multipart/form-data; boundary=.......................a value"
- for the 1st form, with only 8 parameters sent with the request, it works
fine,
- for the 2nd form, with 52 parameteres sent with the request, the parameter
name and mime type for the "Send a file with the request" part of the http
request are automatically filled during recording, with the following value
: "upload" and "application/octet-stream", and I think my problem is here.

Do you know if this behaviour is normal (according to the number of
parameters in my 2nd form) ? or is there a solution to change the behaviour
of the proxy during recording ?

While using another proxy (OpenSTA) to try to analyse my problem, I saw
another attribut for the http header : Content-Lenght, which is not managed
by the proxy of JMeter : is there a solution to manage this info (is it a
bug, a lack of the proxy of JMeter ?).

Thanks in advance for any answer or help.

--
Bruno

RE: Question about the logic of the internal proxy of JMeter

Posted by Bruno Charloup <bc...@jouve.fr>.
If i understand the bug 27780 in the BugZilla - Enhancements, my problem
seems to be the same thing ? (if a developper could confirm, it would be
nice).
Is there a solution to change the configuration in order to use another
proxy with JMeter while recording scenario (information related to proxy can
be added in jmeter.bat - see
http://www.jroller.com/page/gursesl/print/jmeter_script_with_proxy_support,
but I'm afraid this information can not be used while recording script).