Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/30 17:42:43 UTC

How are snapshot jars getting deployed?

I've noticed an odd feature of the myfaces snapshot artifacts when
used in the geronimo build, namely that you have to do an online
build every 24 hours even though the myfaces snapshots haven't
changed.  I've found this extremely inconvenient.... for instance if
I forget to do an online build before jumping on an airplane I can't
work on geronimo until I land.

I looked in my local maven repo to see if I could understand why this
might be happening and noticed that there are only -SNAPSHOT myfaces
artifacts, but no timestamped artifacts.  For all the other
(numerous :-( ) snapshot dependencies geronimo uses there are
timestamped artifacts.  IIUC running mvn clean deploy results in
timestamped artifacts in the remote maven repo.  This leads me to
wonder how the myfaces snapshots are being deployed and if not with
mvn deploy if there is a reason for it.

thanks
david jencks