Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Loftus <ch...@jaydeetechnology.co.uk> on 2001/09/14 16:46:52 UTC

Cocoon and J2EE

I'm thinking about integrating Cocoon XSP and J2EE JSPs/Servlets/EJBs. What
experience do people have with doing this? What are the pitfalls, how easy
is it to make XSP part of a J2EE web application so that security
constraints are applied?

Many thanks

Chris

Chris Loftus
Training Manager
JayDee Technology Ltd

http://www.JayDeeTechnology.co.uk

Minerva House
Lower Bristol Road
Bath, BA2 9ER
Tel:       +44 (0)1970 832554 (Teleworking office)
Tel:       +44 (0)1225 789255 (Bath office)
Mobile:  +44 (0)7879 897712

Visit PlanetJava's website http://www.PlanetJava.co.uk for a wealth of free
Java resources

Re: get parameter from xalan command line

Posted by Mario Muja <ma...@delaval.com>.
Insert <xsl:param name="textParam"/> at the beginning of the stylesheet.
The <xsl:value-of> can remain as it is.
Mario

Date: 09/21/01
Time: 14:17:09

Re: Cocoon and J2EE

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
Why do you need HTTP requests? EJBs are not in any way tied to web platforms,
and in fact, neither is Cocoon. You should try to abstract HTTP out of the
design.

From: Russell Castagnaro <ru...@4charity.com>
--

--
Sergio Carvalho
---------------

Re: Cocoon and J2EE

Posted by Russell Castagnaro <ru...@4charity.com>.
Aloha Chris,

Friday, September 14, 2001, 4:46:52 AM, you wrote:

CL> I'm thinking about integrating Cocoon XSP and J2EE JSPs/Servlets/EJBs. What
CL> experience do people have with doing this? What are the pitfalls, how easy
CL> is it to make XSP part of a J2EE web application so that security
CL> constraints are applied?

CL> Many thanks

CL> Chris

CL> Chris Loftus
CL> Training Manager
CL> JayDee Technology Ltd

CL> http://www.JayDeeTechnology.co.uk

CL> Minerva House
CL> Lower Bristol Road
CL> Bath, BA2 9ER
CL> Tel:       +44 (0)1970 832554 (Teleworking office)
CL> Tel:       +44 (0)1225 789255 (Bath office)
CL> Mobile:  +44 (0)7879 897712

CL> Visit PlanetJava's website http://www.PlanetJava.co.uk for a wealth of free
CL> Java resources

Mahalo,
 Russell                            mailto:russell@4charity.com
Chief Mentor

4Charity - Changing the world,
 one click at a time.

Re: Cocoon and J2EE

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
Ok, just posted it here:
 http://sergio.insuasoftware.com/CocoonEjbProofOfConcept.tgz

From: Martin Kavalar <ka...@bokowsky.de>
--

> Could someone please post a url where i can download it? Thanks a lot!
>
> Sergio Carvalho wrote:
>
> >At my last company, I created a proof-of-concept Ejb generator. It did work,
> >although it needs some optimizing to be placed in a production environment.
As
> >it is too big to send to the list (1.9Mb tar.gz), I'm sending it to Chris,
who
> >started the thread. Feel free to use it at will. It might be a good starting
> >point.
> >
> >On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:46:52 +0100, Chris  Loftus wrote:
> >From: Chris  Loftus <ch...@jaydeetechnology.co.uk>
> >--
> >
> >>I'm thinking about integrating Cocoon XSP and J2EE JSPs/Servlets/EJBs. What
> >>experience do people have with doing this? What are the pitfalls, how easy
> >>is it to make XSP part of a J2EE web application so that security
> >>constraints are applied?
> >>
> >>Many thanks
> >>
> >>Chris
> >>

> >>Chris Loftus
> >>Training Manager
> >>JayDee Technology Ltd
> >>
> >>http://www.JayDeeTechnology.co.uk
> >>
> >>Minerva House
> >>Lower Bristol Road
> >>Bath, BA2 9ER
> >>Tel:       +44 (0)1970 832554 (Teleworking office)
> >>Tel:       +44 (0)1225 789255 (Bath office)
> >>Mobile:  +44 (0)7879 897712
> >>
> >>Visit PlanetJava's website http://www.PlanetJava.co.uk for a wealth of free
> >>Java resources

> >--
> >Sergio Carvalho
> >---------------
> >sergio.carvalho@acm.org
> >
> >If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

Sergio Carvalho
---------------
sergio.carvalho@acm.org

Re: Cocoon and J2EE

Posted by Martin Kavalar <ka...@bokowsky.de>.

Re: Cocoon and J2EE

From: Chris  Loftus <ch...@jaydeetechnology.co.uk>
--

> I'm thinking about integrating Cocoon XSP and J2EE JSPs/Servlets/EJBs. What
> experience do people have with doing this? What are the pitfalls, how easy
> is it to make XSP part of a J2EE web application so that security
> constraints are applied?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Chris
>

> Chris Loftus
> Training Manager
> JayDee Technology Ltd
>
> http://www.JayDeeTechnology.co.uk
>
> Minerva House
> Lower Bristol Road
> Bath, BA2 9ER
> Tel:       +44 (0)1970 832554 (Teleworking office)
> Tel:       +44 (0)1225 789255 (Bath office)
> Mobile:  +44 (0)7879 897712
>
> Visit PlanetJava's website http://www.PlanetJava.co.uk for a wealth of free
> Java resources

Sergio Carvalho
---------------
sergio.carvalho@acm.org

Re: Cocoon and J2EE

Posted by Martin Kavalar <ka...@bokowsky.de>.
I am very much interested in using J2EE with cocoon also, and was
thinking about implementing that with my friends also. We hadnt thought
about it in too much detail, yet. But keep me updated please. Maybe we
can be of help.
thanks
martin

xsp and javascript

Posted by YANLIAN <li...@sheridanc.on.ca>.
Hi:

Does anybody know how to embed javascript into xsl (or xsp) page because I need to
process form in client side. Thanks.

Lian

Re[2]: Cocoon and J2EE

Posted by Russell Castagnaro <ru...@4charity.com>.
Aloha Jesper,

BTW this is pretty easy with standard web containers:
something like this

        <security-constraint>
                <web-resource-collection>
                        <web-resource-name>cocoon</web-resource-name>
                        <description>Fun with xslt</description>
                           <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
                           <http-method>GET</http-method>
                           <http-method>POST</http-method>
                </web-resource-collection>