Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kris Range <kr...@dareville.com> on 2010/04/08 15:10:38 UTC

ANT build properties and escaping characters

Hi,

I posted this on another forum and they recommended I ask here. I have
some characters that I need to escape in my build.properties file (like
äåö). The only option I could find that was close to this was to use
escapeunicode so I tried using <loadproperties srcFile=""> with the
<filterchain><escapeunicode/></filterchain> node but that didn't seem to
help. Any recommendations on how to accomplish this?

Cheers
Kris

Re: ANT build properties and escaping characters

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Kris Range wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted this on another forum and they recommended I ask here. I have
> some characters that I need to escape in my build.properties file
> (like äåö). The only option I could find that was close to this was to
> use escapeunicode so I tried using <loadproperties srcFile=""> with
> the <filterchain><escapeunicode/></filterchain> node but that didn't
> seem to help. Any recommendations on how to accomplish this?
>
> Cheers
> Kris

Hello Kris,

I think you need to generate your property files using <escapeunicode/>
and have inside your property files things like

hellochinese=\u0123\u0f32   (invented)

Regards,

Antoine