Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Markus Mauhart <qw...@chello.at> on 2006/03/26 15:09:17 UTC

[#XERCESC-1510] not able to build on CYGWIN using g++ compiler - ASF JIRA

Hi,

think I had the same problem (cygwin, xerces 2.7.0, ..).
I succeeded after editing ./obj/Makefile.in.
IMHO this file contains the same bug three times.
In my case, after runConfigure, this resulted in the same
3 wrong strings in ./obj/Makefile:
    WRONG: "(ALLLIBS) -L${LIB} -l${LINK_LIBNAME}"
    RIGHT: "-L${LIB} (ALLLIBS) -l${LINK_LIBNAME}"
AFAICS, WRONG will fail whenever some other (older, incompatible)
libxerces has been installed on the build machine.

During build:
    $(ALLLIBS) == -lpthread  -L/usr/lib
        Often containing other (older, incompatible) installed *libxerces-c*.
    -L${LIB} == ${XERCESCROOT}/lib == the path we have just successfully
        built *libxerces-c* - this is what we want to use for:
        "Creating library file: ${XERCESCROOT}/lib/libxerces-depdom27.dll.a"
    -l${LINK_LIBNAME} == -lxerces-c

Best Regards,
Markus.