Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net> on 2003/05/23 05:37:04 UTC

OT: xsl:apply transform problem

Sorry, as I know this is off-topic, but been banging on
it most of the day and can't find much on the web either.

Have experienced the same basic problem on:

	Tomcat 4.1.24
	Resin 2.1.6,8,9

Can take an XML document, apply an XSL stylesheet to
it using command-line java tool:

	java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN foo.xml -XSL foo.xsl -OUT
foo.html

that works great.

Now, I take the same libraries - xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar, put them in
my web app, and when I hit the jsp that does the same thing, I get:

----- Root Cause -----
javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/xalan/xslt/XSLTInputSource
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContex
tImpl.java:536)
         at
org.apache.jsp.BrowseCatalog_jsp._jspService(BrowseCatalog_jsp.java:130)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)

Now, from what I can tell, XSLTInputSource is deprecated from an earlier
version of xalan.jar

So, I take the xalan.jar file from a Tomcat 4.1.10 install that *does*
work, and
I get another lovely exception, failing to find
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.getDefaultLiaison.
(or something like that...)

Can't seem to isolate this.

anybody seen this, or have any suggestions?

TIA,

-jeff

RE: Struts and JSP table Updates

Posted by Mark Galbreath <ma...@qat.com>.
HTML tables or db tables?

Who has any experiance with struts and table updatest within JSP

any examples ???

Struts and JSP table Updates

Posted by Martin Kuypers <m....@wanadoo.nl>.