Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sergio <sh...@ipsoluciones.com> on 2002/11/27 21:18:10 UTC

euro character problem with tomcat compression Filter

Hí techies!

I'm having problems adding the tomcat compression Filter version 4.0.3 to my webapp.

Some characters (like euro symbol ) that are printed in my jsp page with a method which return a field of a MSSQLServer table, are printed with the '?' symbol.

I've modified the CompressionFilter.java servlet and modified the code.
Before the call of doFilter method I set the request to my encoding:
    request.setCharacterEncoding("iso-8859-1");
    chain.doFilter(request, response);

But this also does not work.

Any solution or idea ?

Sorry for my English.