Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/01/09 18:15:57 UTC

marking issues with the design, patterns, best practices

Hi,

For any devs that know of issues that they have raised that will require
discussion with the group as a whole in order to implement something, or
to standardize something can you please mark the component with the
"Design, Patterns & Best Practices" component.

The goal here is to catalog everything that we want to discuss in order
to resolve.

For example I just took:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-612

And applied the "Design, Patterns & Best Practices" so that it's
categorized correctly under "Artifacts and Repositories" but known to be
slated for design discussion. I think this is the way most of the design
related issues should work. So the "Design, Patterns & Best Practices"
really is  tag and we use that to create the view which lets everyone
know what's slated for discussion. I think that's a pretty good way to
keep track of things.

I'm walking through trying to find anything design related and mark them
accordingly, if anyone else knows of any please mark them with "Design,
Patterns & Best Practices" as I'm trying to collect, organize and sync
up JIRA and Confluence wrt to issues we need to resolve related to
design so that we can move toward implementing them for 2.0.3 and 2.1.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

A man enjoys his work when he understands the whole and when he
is responsible for the quality of the whole

  -- Christopher Alexander