Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz> on 2010/08/15 14:28:55 UTC

Order by count

Hi,

I'm not sure but is there support in Cayenne EJBQL impl. for ordering by
aggregate functions? (I think JPQL spec. has it)

I'm getting syntax error on these:

SELECT p.account, count(p) FROM PortJump p GROUP BY p.account, ORDER by
count(p) DESC

SELECT p.account, count(p) AS cnt FROM PortJump p GROUP BY p.account
ORDER BY cnt DESC

Thanks for information, regards

--
Marek Šabo

Re: Order by count

Posted by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz>.
Thanks.
You are right that would add very nice feature along with such code
representatives (query.getCount() ...), for me sql templating is rather
bit cozy. At least you gave there a hint with mapping extra attr. for
some u-cases.

Cheers,

--
Marek Šabo