Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2010/01/11 23:14:27 UTC

Re: How to retain Entity References in Attribute Nodes while parsing ?

This feature has no effect for attributes. Xerces-J always expands entity
references in attribute values.

Since XNI doesn't report entity boundaries in attribute values it's
unlikely to ever be supported. The infrastructure isn't there. This was a
conscious decision [1].

Thanks.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xerces-j-dev/200109.mbox/%3C3B9C5915.E05D28AC@apache.org%3E

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

AW: How to retain Entity References in Attribute Nodes while parsing ?

Posted by Frank Steimke <f-...@berger-und-steimke.de>.
Michael,

thank you for this clear explanation. Now i`m sure I haven't overlooked
something. And I can live without this feature. After all, it's a very
special use case.

Frank