Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Svetoslav Marinov <sv...@findwise.com> on 2013/04/25 15:15:09 UTC

Re: coref results seem weird

What corpus has the English Coref module been trained on?

Can someone provide some guidance into which language specific resources
(modulo Sentence splitters, tokenizers, POS tagger, Parser and NER) are
needed in order to get the coreference working for a new language. A
Wordnet? What else?

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Svetoslav

Re: coref results seem weird

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 04/25/2013 03:15 PM, Svetoslav Marinov wrote:
> What corpus has the English Coref module been trained on?

I contributed code to train on MUC data, but there are still a few
problems, with detecting
possible mentions in the training data. If you want to give that a try I
can help to get you started.
As far as I know the coref models have been trained on MUC data plus
some private data, but I am not
sure if that is correct.

> Can someone provide some guidance into which language specific resources
> (modulo Sentence splitters, tokenizers, POS tagger, Parser and NER) are
> needed in order to get the coreference working for a new language. A
> Wordnet? What else?

Input needs to be:
- Sentence splitted
- Tokenized
- Either full or shallow parse, depending on how you trained the coref model

If you don't have a wordnet dict for your language you can probably
disable to piece
of feature generation which uses it. I don't know how that will affect
the performance.

We will move the coref component to the sandbox for the next release and
hopefully get some help
to refactor it so it can be moved back to the tools package.

Having a second coref component, e.g. rule based would also be nice.

Jörn

Re: coref results seem weird

Posted by Rodrigo Agerri <ro...@ehu.es>.
Hello,

CoNLL 2011 shared tasks has information about many types of approaches to
develop coreference system. The winner (Stanford) was rule based.

http://conll.cemantix.org/2011/introduction.html

Cheers,

Rodrigo