Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ankit Kulshrestha <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/02 13:25:29 UTC

Starting Introduction to Contributing to Apache OpenOffice Module

I'm a senior undergraduate from ITM University, India.I learnt C++ in my
high school years(and have been using it since) and then taught myself C. I
would love to code some new features for your project and will try my best
to fix some previous bugs. (I'm trying to build a debugger which when fed
the 'buggy' code will point out the specifics). Also, I would like to know
whether I need more programming experience or whether I need to learn some
other programming language.

Thanks
Ankit Kulshrestha
ITM University

Re: Starting Introduction to Contributing to Apache OpenOffice Module

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 4:25 AM, Ankit Kulshrestha <
ankitkulshrestha0912@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a senior undergraduate from ITM University, India.I learnt C++ in my
> high school years(and have been using it since) and then taught myself C. I
> would love to code some new features for your project and will try my best
> to fix some previous bugs. (I'm trying to build a debugger which when fed
> the 'buggy' code will point out the specifics). Also, I would like to know
> whether I need more programming experience or whether I need to learn some
> other programming language.
>
> Thanks
> Ankit Kulshrestha
> ITM University

Thanks for your introduction, Ankit, and your interest in Apache OpenOffice.

>From what you say right now, I think your skill level is very good as the
majority of OpenOffice code is C++.

It sounds like you're working your way through the orientation modules.
When you get into the ones covering Development, I'm sure you'll find more
information which will address some of your concerns.

Please don't hesitate to ask any addition questions.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason