Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/07/17 20:49:10 UTC

OOXML Specs (was RE: ODF 1.2 links)

It's simply easier to download the ECMA versions corresponding to ISO/IEC 29500.  They are kept synchronized, and the ECMA versions are easier to find and are always free.  This avoids inadvertently paying the exorbitant ISO fees for their specifications.

To obtain the free versions at ISO/IEC, not the ones normally offered from the ISO site, you have to know how to find them on a list of all free versions from ISO and go to the trouble of getting all of the parts and supporting files.  ECMA makes it easier to find all of the latest ECMA-376 in one place.

 - Dennis