Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2008/05/08 19:47:39 UTC

catch all policy entry

hi,
I have two questions about policy entries and wild card matching,

can I configure my entries like this

<policyEntry topic="org.apache.>" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="10mb">
</policyEntry>

<policyEntry topic=">" ...>

</policyEntry>

Questions:
1. is the matching ordered, ie, if I match on the first entry, those
settings apply, and then fallback to the second?

2. Do these policy entries apply to temporary topics?

3. Is there a matching to setup a policy entry for all temporary topics,
regardless of name?

thanks in advance
Filip

Re: catch all policy entry

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
The matching entries are alphabetically sorted and the last entry is
the one used to apply the policy to the destination.

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
<de...@hanik.com> wrote:
> hi,
> I have two questions about policy entries and wild card matching,
>
> can I configure my entries like this
>
> <policyEntry topic="org.apache.>" producerFlowControl="false"
> memoryLimit="10mb">
> </policyEntry>
>

> <policyEntry topic=">" ...>
>
> </policyEntry>
>
> Questions:
> 1. is the matching ordered, ie, if I match on the first entry, those
> settings apply, and then fallback to the second?
>
> 2. Do these policy entries apply to temporary topics?
>
> 3. Is there a matching to setup a policy entry for all temporary topics,
> regardless of name?
>
> thanks in advance
> Filip

Hiram