Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com> on 2011/09/29 10:07:57 UTC

Renaming artifacts (Was: Re: Ping: [VOTE] Release Apache Rave 0.3-incubating)

On 29 September 2011 01:15, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:

> On 09/28/2011 11:35 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
>

>>    2. This one is less of a deal - the convention is for artifacts to be
>>>>

>>> Yes, I agree that would be better and we surely can do that for the next
>>> release.
>>>
>>> Note though, while this might be a good convention, I've seen numerous
>>> (both
>>> incubating and TLP) releases which have not adopted (yet) this.
>>> Which I think is the explanation why Rave hasn't done it either. We were
>>> just
>>> following some other projects examples.
>>>

>> Should we do this for maven repository artifacts as well as source and
>> demo binaries?  Does anyone who has more familiarity with Maven want to take
>> on renaming the artifacts to apache-rave-x?  If no one takes it on, I will
>> do it before releasing on Friday.
>>
> IMO we only need do this for the source and demo binaries.
> No other (Apache) project that I'm aware of uses the full apache- prefix
> for the maven repository artifacts, except those which produce OSGi bundles,
> and then they use qualified package naming, e.d. with dots instead of
> dashes.
>
> The changes needed for this are trivial. It only needs overriding the
> default finalName configuration for the assembly plugin.

So if I understand it correctly, the regular jar, pom and war artifacts from
the several modules keep their current names. Only the downloads at
http://incubator.apache.org/rave/downloads.html get the apache- prefix.

> And if we then override the finalName anyway, I'd like to drop -project
> from the release artifact name as well.
> Currently we produce rave-project-<version>-<**source-release|bin>
> releases.
> After the change: apache-rave-<version>-<source-**release|bin> releases.
>

> I can commit this, assuming lazy consensus, sometime tomorrow.

+1 (now that's not really lazy consensus, right ;) )

Jasha

Re: Renaming artifacts (Was: Re: Ping: [VOTE] Release Apache Rave 0.3-incubating)

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Done

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.