Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by de...@ollinca.net on 2004/09/28 23:13:27 UTC

Apache::Session::Postgres

Well, i have created an Object Session, now how can i get it again?

    tie %sesion, 'Apache::Session::Postgres', undef, {

	DataSource => 'dbi:Pg:dbname=sessions',
	UserName => $bd->{user},
	Password => '',
	Commit => 1
	};

through a Cookie or something? I have to save my id, always?

Re: Apache::Session::Postgres

Posted by Casey West <ca...@geeknest.com>.
It was Tuesday, September 28, 2004 when desarrollos@ollinca.net took the soap box, saying:
: Well, i have created an Object Session, now how can i get it again?
:
:     tie %sesion, 'Apache::Session::Postgres', undef, {
:
: 	DataSource => 'dbi:Pg:dbname=sessions',
: 	UserName => $bd->{user},
: 	Password => '',
: 	Commit => 1
: 	};
:
: through a Cookie or something? I have to save my id, always?

What you've done here is created a new session. It's unique identifier
is in $session{_session_id}. If you want to retrieve this session in a
stateless environment (for example, mod_perl between page requests) then
storing the session id (or some hashed representation of it) in a cookie
is a fine means of saving it for later use. Yes, you must do this.

  Casey West

--
<crab> Invalid [] range "a-Z" in the-operator-that-replaces-
  sets-of-character-ranges-with-other-sets-of-character-ranges at