Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Bastiaan Zapf <ba...@tu-clausthal.de> on 2002/10/01 09:35:23 UTC

Simple but annoying bug in command line tools

Hello everyone, i'm new to this list.

I'm currently trying to get an XML Database working (it will be used
for MPEG 7 Data). I decided for XIndice because of its xupdate
capabilities, mainly (In future, that database will be used via a web
interface that should be capable of updating and I figured it would be
a pain without some standard interface).

Here's the bug I have to report:

***
$ xindice lc -c db
ERROR : String index out of range: -11
***

This happens also under another Platform (Win2k). The only error in
this line is a missing slash ("/"). It took me about 3 hours to
realize. I would enjoy seeing the next version of the command line
tools giving me sane error messages.

Thanks (and congratulations to your great work - the rest of the
software is working fine ;) to any developers for listening,

	Basti