Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2003/11/08 18:02:24 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/test/java/org/apache/fop BasicDriverTestCase.java

jeremias@apache.org wrote:
>   Basic functionality tests for PS and RTF besides PDF.

Can you check how this can be incorporated into
GenericFOPTestCase.java?

J.Pietschmann

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/test/java/org/apache/fop BasicDriverTestCase.java

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Hmm, you mean adding MD5 tests? I'd rather not do that. These digests
change too often. The BasicDriverTestCase's purpose is to verify that
the overall API works and that some reasonable output has been generated
and no exceptions were thrown. So instead of just checking whether
anything at all has been written to the OutputStream or not I'd rather
check the output if the correct file headers and file footers can be
found. Where applicable we could also test for the presence of a
particular text in the document. But these tests are not conformance
tests so I wouldn't want to do MD5s here. Not even bitmap diffing.

On 08.11.2003 18:02:24 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> jeremias@apache.org wrote:
> >   Basic functionality tests for PS and RTF besides PDF.
>
> Can you check how this can be incorporated into
> GenericFOPTestCase.java?
>
> J.Pietschmann

Jeremias Maerki