Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/30 11:53:40 UTC

Browser crashes while copying Data ( More than 5000 lines ) in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge

Hi Team,

I have seen  few issues in guacamole Client Clipboard

1.  While copying multi line text from OS clipboard to remote Clipboard all
the CR (or CR/LF) are stripped out of the pasted text.

 *Text when copied from JS file from local Machine:*

   function __send_blob(bytes) {

>         var binary = "";
>         // Produce binary string from bytes in buffer
>         for (var i=0; i<bytes.byteLength; i++)
> {
> binary += String.fromCharCode(bytes[i]);
> }
>         // Send as base64
>         stream.sendBlob(window.btoa(binary));
>     }

*Text when pasted to RDP on Browser: *

function __send_blob(bytes) {         var binary = "";        // Produce
> binary string from bytes in buffer        for (var i=0; i<bytes.byteLength;
> i++) { binary += String.fromCharCode(bytes[i]); }        // Send as
> base64        stream.sendBlob(window.btoa(binary));    }

 As you can see this is stripping all the CR/LF out of pasted text.

-  I have checked on *JIRA *as well where it has been issued as a BUG

*Ticket No : GUACAMOLE-310
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-310>   Multi-line text
> clipboard strips LF*

2. While copying more than 5000 lines in Internet Explorer and Microsoft
Edge crashes.

- I tried to copy the all the lines in *guacamole.js* file which is of 40000
lines approximately. Google chrome stops for a moment and crashed after a
period.
- I tried same in SPARK VIEW where it is working fantastic.
- I checked JIRA as well where it has been issued a BUG.
- Environment : RDP of Windows Server 2012 : Copy 40000 lines from any file
and then paste it.

*Ticket No : *GUACAMOLE-128
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-128>  Clipboard sharing
> can crash IE ( It relates to the above issue. )

3. I cannot achieve seamless redirection of clipboard in Internet explorer
and MIcrosoft Edge.  I don't want the users to open Ctrl+Alt+Shift (
Clipboard Window).

Please help me to resolve the above issue.  I would be very grateful to
you.

Thanking you
Amarjeet Singh
Software Engineer, Pune , Maharashtra, India
+91-8130604385

Re: Browser crashes while copying Data ( More than 5000 lines ) in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mike for helping me out.

I am digging into the seamless redirection of Clipboard in Chrome, Firefox
and Edge without extensions.

I have already done that in Internet explorer. I will share with @Guacamole
Team once it will work without extensions.

For copying and pasting big amount of data use of *Web Workers* might help
us out. I am not sure how to implement that in guacamole.js. I will look
into that.

Thanks to Guacamole Team for putting their efforts and helping us out.

Regards,
Amarjeet Singh

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.