Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by KC Baltz <KB...@responsenetworks.com> on 2002/06/17 20:50:39 UTC

Interested in JDK1.4 adapter for Chainsaw?

Our site made the decision to go with the JDK1.4 logging and I have found
that at this point there are no graphical log viewers available for 1.4 log
output.  There are instructions for adapting it to LogFactor5 output, but
that program only reads from files, not from sockets.  So I came across
Chainsaw which seems to handle socket logging fairly well.

So I wrote some code to adapt transmit and convert 1.4 LogRecord objects
into LoggingEvent objects.  Would you have any interest in this code being
contributed?

K.C. Baltz