Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sara von Broembsen <sa...@iburst.co.za> on 2014/02/14 07:19:32 UTC

£ to rands

Hi

I am now working on a  second hand Dell laptop which my son brought over to me from London. I am living in South Africa.I want to know how I can change from a £ sign to R for rands.  I have tried to change it a number of times but it always reverts to the £ sign.

Help with this matter would be appreciated.

Sara

---

Re: £ to rands

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Sara von Broembsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am now working on a  second hand Dell laptop which my son brought over to me from London. I am living in South Africa.I want to know how I can change from a £ sign to R for rands.  I have tried to change it a number of times but it always reverts to the £ sign.

That sort of thing is generally done in the operating system, where you
can choose from a large selection of keyboard layouts.  What operating
system are you running?

Re: £ to rands

Posted by Sara von Broembsen <sa...@iburst.co.za>.
Hi

Great thanks so much I also changed the currency to R South Africa as well
and now my frustration has ended.

Regards

Sara
> Go to *Tools --> Options --> Language Settings --> Languages* and change
> your *locale settings* to English (South Africa).
> This should set your *Default currency* to ZAR R English (South Africa)
>

> On 14-2-2014 17:19, Sara von Broembsen wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am now working on a  second hand Dell laptop which my son brought over
>> to me from London. I am living in South Africa.I want to know how I can
>> change from a £ sign to R for rands.  I have tried to change it a number
>> of times but it always reverts to the £ sign.
>>
>> Help with this matter would be appreciated.
>>
>> Sara
>>
>> ---
>> protection is active.

---