Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 00:36:40 UTC

eclipse plugin archetype?

hello everyone,

i was wondering if there's an eclipse plugin archetype...

any idea ?

thanks,
valerio
--
http://valerioschiavoni.blogspot.com
http://jroller.com/page/vschiavoni

Re: eclipse plugin archetype?

Posted by Stéphane Bouchet <st...@knowesia.fr>.
Valerio Schiavoni a écrit :
> Hello Stèphane,
>
> On 7/26/06, Stéphane Bouchet <st...@knowesia.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Eclipse plugin is like a java project, but there is 3 files that are
>> mandatory :
>> plugin.xml, build.properties and META-INF/MANIFEST.MF .
>

> how much different are those files from plugin to plugin ? i know that
> when
> you start the development of an eclipse plugin, the wizard proposes you a
> certain number of prepackaged templates. maybe there' can be a 1:1
> mapping
> between those templates and the files you suggested.
These files are always differents.... but i think to map one of the
proposed PDE project is a good idea

If you try to create a new project with these templates, you can see the
contents of the files.

> the rest of the project can follow the maven directory structure (
>> src/main/java , src/test/java)..
>

> one more thing maybe is needed:
> what kind of dependencies an ecplise plugin would typically depend on ? i
> guess some of the eclipse apis are needed..
the actual maven-eclipse-plugin handle the required dependencies very
well, so you need to use it ( i think) .

Stéphane.

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stèphane,

Posted by Stéphane Bouchet <st...@knowesia.fr>.
Valerio Schiavoni a écrit :
> Hello Stéphane,
>
> maybe i can contribute some code with the proposed archetype. what do you
> think?
Sure ! but i am not familiar with archetype creations :(

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stéphane,

Posted by Stéphane Bouchet <st...@knowesia.fr>.
Hi,

there is some improvement to the maven-eclipse-plugin to adress this.
If you set these lines in your POM, you could be able to compile and
debug an eclipse plugin :

                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <pde>true</pde>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

But there is no archetype to create an eclipse plugin skeleton for the
moment.

Cheers,

Stéphane

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.