Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Rajkumar Balasubramanian <vb...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/30 18:12:45 UTC

How can I get involved in this project

Hello,

 I am a consistent user of lot of Apache based projects / modules for over a
decade. I have quite a few years of experience developing java based
applications, web and otherwise. When I was browsing through the incubator
projects, this caught my eye. I am interested in contributing to this
project as a designer / developer. Can you please let me know how can I get
involved.

-Thanks and regards
Raj

Re: How can I get involved in this project

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
2009/7/30 Rajkumar Balasubramanian <vb...@gmail.com>:
>   Can you please let me know how can I get
> involved.

You just did!

By subscribing to wookie-dev you have become a part of the Wookie
project. The code for the project has not yet been migrated into the
Apache Infrastructure, we are finalising a few legal issues before the
code is brought in. Once it has arrived the first thing you can do to
help is to build and test the code and help us write documentation for
newcomers like yourself. Asking questions and identifying problems we
miss is a good first contribution.

Once you start playing with the code we hope that you will find areas
that you can improve.

Watch this list for notification of the initial code drop.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk