Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/11 21:52:15 UTC

Release HOWTO

Hi Nutch Committers,
I just published first draft of Release HOWTO on Wiki.
I will fill it out with specific locations and commands tomorrow, and
now I simply wanted to check if such workflow is ok.

I also have some questions:
	-  I think adding release date to CHANGES.txt is a good idea as it as
it is easier to track history of releases. If you do not agree I will
remove this point.
	-  I assume we update news on nutch site only. If we need to update in
some other place - just let me know.
	- I am not sure if after copying the release to
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/release/ we need to wait for it to
propagate. I think it is only needed when one uses Apache mirrors.
	- There are no release versions in nutch JIRA right now. But we can add
it for future. I suggest creating  X.Y-dev and later X.Y in JIRA.

I left Apache mirroring issues for now untouched - if we need to do it
this time I will try to go through them, but I would leave it for next
release.

Regards,
Piotr

Re: Release HOWTO

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Piotr Kosiorowski wrote:
> I will fill it out with specific locations and commands tomorrow, and
> now I simply wanted to check if such workflow is ok.
>
> I also have some questions:
>     -  I think adding release date to CHANGES.txt is a good idea as it
> as it is easier to track history of releases. If you do not agree I will
> remove this point.

+1

>     -  I assume we update news on nutch site only. If we need to update
> in some other place - just let me know.

The other place to update is http://lucene.apache.org/.

This is generated using Forrest from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/site/.  But I don't think all
Nutch committers can change it.  I can change that if needed.

>     - I am not sure if after copying the release to
> http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/release/ we need to wait for it to
> propagate. I think it is only needed when one uses Apache mirrors.

It still takes an hour or so right now.

>     - There are no release versions in nutch JIRA right now. But we can
> add it for future. I suggest creating  X.Y-dev and later X.Y in JIRA.

+1

> I left Apache mirroring issues for now untouched - if we need to do it
> this time I will try to go through them, but I would leave it for next
> release.

+1

Doug