Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Grant <mg...@grant.org> on 2002/10/04 01:26:56 UTC

perl script not reloading

It seems that as I work on my script, Apache doesn't reload it when
the script changes on disk.

It seems like it's something that I did because it used to.  Is there
some common well known thing or set of things one can screw up to make
this happen?

(if so, it should be documented in the mod_perl_traps man page).

Michael Grant

Re: perl script not reloading

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Michael Grant wrote:
> It seems that as I work on my script, Apache doesn't reload it when
> the script changes on disk.

Are you using Apache::Registry?  It only reloads the main file, not any
modules you might be using.  For that, you need to use Apache::Reload or
Apache::StatINC (as Nigel pointed out).

> (if so, it should be documented in the mod_perl_traps man page).

It's all documented here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/

- Perrin

Re: perl script not reloading

Posted by Harry Danilevsky <ha...@deerfieldcapital.com>.
I'd recommend a more flexible and efficient module Apache::Reload

-- Harry

Posted by Nigel Hamilton <ni...@turbo10.com>.
Hi Michael,

--