Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2006/12/18 09:39:48 UTC

[Vote] Release 2.1.10

Please cast your votes on the 2.1.10 release.

The release candidate can be downloaded from:
http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/cocoon/

The corresponding sources are under:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/RC_2_1_10/

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

If the vote passes, I will rename the tag to RELEASE_2_1_10,
rename the downloadable archives, sign them etc. and put them up for
download.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Those tests do not involve any sitemap processing, so
> JXTemplateGenerator is not involved. It's more likely that the upgrade
> of the XML libs [1] caused this not quite unwanted side effects
> (removing a marked DIRTY HACK). But this commit was on 27th of November.
> If the tests were really successful last week, I don't know what caused
> this failure now.

Your recent changes fixed these problems for me, thanks! - so our test
cases were buggy and I think this is not a showstopper for the release.

> But for me now
> org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase fails
> in testExecuteRunnablelonglong:
This one fails for me from time to time; invoking the test again runs
successfully...

Carsten

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 18.12.2006 20:34, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>> all the automated tests from org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype fail
>> (DynamicSelectionListTestCase,EnumSelectionListTestCase,FlowJXPathSelectionListTestCase).
>>
>> IIRC the same tests passed last week, anyone know what could have
>> changed?
>
> As forms block is mounted from trunk and trunk's block only has the
> JXTemplateGenerator from template block I was quite sure not to break
> anything.

Those tests do not involve any sitemap processing, so
JXTemplateGenerator is not involved. It's more likely that the upgrade
of the XML libs [1] caused this not quite unwanted side effects
(removing a marked DIRTY HACK). But this commit was on 27th of November.
If the tests were really successful last week, I don't know what caused
this failure now.

But for me now
org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase fails
in testExecuteRunnablelonglong:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Unexpected Exception at
org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase.
testExecuteRunnablelonglong(DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase.java:758)

Or a bit verbose:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
   Unexpected method call debug("Executing command EasyMock for
interface java.lang.Runnable in pool "default", schedule with
interval=100"):
     debug("Executing command EasyMock for interface java.lang.Runnable
in pool "default", schedule with interval=100"): expected: 0, actual: 1
     debug("Exiting loop"): expected: 1, actual: 0
	at
org.easymock.internal.ObjectMethodsFilter.invoke(ObjectMethodsFilter.java:44)
	at $Proxy1.debug(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.DefaultRunnableManager$ExecutionInfo.execute(DefaultRunnableManager.java:829)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.DefaultRunnableManager.run(DefaultRunnableManager.java:485)
	at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
   Unexpected method call isDebugEnabled():
     isDebugEnabled(): expected: 0, actual: 1
     debug("Exiting loop"): expected: 1, actual: 0
	at
org.easymock.internal.ObjectMethodsFilter.invoke(ObjectMethodsFilter.java:44)
	at $Proxy1.isDebugEnabled(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.DefaultRunnableManager.dispose(DefaultRunnableManager.java:258)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.thread.DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase.testExecuteRunnablelonglong(DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase.java:752)

Can somebody have a look on this one?

Jörg

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&sortby=date&revision=479509

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 18.12.2006 10:42, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> all the automated tests from org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype fail
> (DynamicSelectionListTestCase,EnumSelectionListTestCase,FlowJXPathSelectionListTestCase).
>
> IIRC the same tests passed last week, anyone know what could have changed?

This is probably due to my change to fix some samples:
Commit:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=116638665114040&w=4
Jira messages:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=116639428428700&w=4
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=116639494414680&w=4

As forms block is mounted from trunk and trunk's block only has the
JXTemplateGenerator from template block I was quite sure not to break
anything. I'll have a look on what the tests are actually checking for
and see if it is the test or the result that is broken.

Jörg

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 12/18/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> ...The release candidate can be downloaded from:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/cocoon/..
>
> On my macosx system with either JDK 1.4.2 or 1.5, all the automated
> tests from org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype fail
> (DynamicSelectionListTestCase,EnumSelectionListTestCase,FlowJXPathSelectionListTestCase).
>
> IIRC the same tests passed last week, anyone know what could have changed?

Same here on windows...sigh...the question is now, are the test cases
wrong or do we really have bugs?

Carsten

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 12/18/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> > ...The release candidate can be downloaded from:
> > http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/cocoon/..

On my macosx system with either JDK 1.4.2 or 1.5, all the automated
tests from org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype fail
(DynamicSelectionListTestCase,EnumSelectionListTestCase,FlowJXPathSelectionListTestCase).

IIRC the same tests passed last week, anyone know what could have changed?

-Bertrand

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Please cast your votes on the 2.1.10 release.
>
> The release candidate can be downloaded from:
> http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/cocoon/
>
> The corresponding sources are under:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/RC_2_1_10/

+1

Carsten

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 12/19/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> IMPORTANT: I reassembled the release as I included recent changes:
> a) Added the fixes for the failing junit tests in cforms
> b) Added the patch for a failing xsp soap sample
> c) Removed the remark about jdk 1.3
>
> So, you can download the new version from
> http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/cocoon/
>
> The corresponding sources are under:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/RC_2_1_10/
>
> Everything else stays the same! Which means *if* the vote passes,
> I will release on thursday.
>
> All votes so far are invalid (there was only one from me anyway)!

+1  !!!

--
Peter Hunsberger

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Here is my (non-binding) +1 :-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen Reijn

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org>.
My +1 too.

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On 12/19/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...So here are the md5's:
> MD5 (cocoon-2.1.10rc-src.zip) = 3dfee1d2d8b5f3e761eb763809249073
> MD5 (cocoon-2.1.10rc-src.tar.gz) = d073b36274ab359b59bbb760e083a934...

Thanks Carsten, and thanks Joerg for the bugfixing.

+1 on the release.

On my macosx/JDK1.5, all junit tests pass, and one of the htmlunit
tests fails: RedirectTestCase, testSendStatus fails, NPE in
IOUtils.copy, looks like a a defect in the test code, not a release
blocker IMO.

-Bertrand

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So here are the md5's:
> MD5 (cocoon-2.1.10rc-src.tar.gz) = d073b36274ab359b59bbb760e083a934

-0 ... meaning that i don't want to stop the release,
however i am concerned that we are not following the new
licensing which all releases after early November are
asked to follow.

A while ago i said that although i had done all the work
to replace the license headers in the source files, there
is still the task of adding whatever third-party attributions
into the NOTICE.txt and declaring the licenses in LICENSE.txt

-David

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...IMPORTANT: I reassembled the release as I included recent changes...
>
> Sorry to rain on this party again, but Junit tests in your release
> candidates fail on non-Windows systems, due to debugging statements
> which try to create files like d:/enum.xml.

As I have the right os they worked for me :) Anyway, thanks for finding
this!

> I have committed fixes, all junit tests pass on my macosx system now.
>
> Five of the htmlunit tests fail here, I won't have time to investigate ATM.
>
> If you redo the distribution files, could you post the new md5 digests
> here to avoid any confusion?
Yepp, I just did the 3rd attempt which will be the final one; if we find
anything
else I will reschedule the release for the end of the year and start
from scratch.

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz <at> apache.org> writes:

> Sorry to rain on this party again, but Junit tests in your release
> candidates fail on non-Windows systems, due to debugging statements
> which try to create files like d:/enum.xml.

Oh, sorry for this. Needed this for comparing the files. Carsten should probably
clean up his D: drive as well.

If i could execute the tests in Eclipse, I would not need those debug statements
:-/ After fixing the classpath by adding test-resources dir for *.xtest files, I
got NPEs somewhere in Xalan.

Remote debugging the test (ant target 'junit-test-debug' or so) did neither work
due to ClassNotFoundException. It probably only works with core tests.

Regards
Jörg

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Alfred Nathaniel <an...@apache.org>.
+1

Cheers, Alfred.

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

Re: [Vote] Release 2.1.10

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
IMPORTANT: I reassembled the release as I included recent changes:
a) Added the fixes for the failing junit tests in cforms
b) Added the patch for a failing xsp soap sample
c) Removed the remark about jdk 1.3

So, you can download the new version from
http://people.apache.org/~cziegeler/cocoon/

The corresponding sources are under:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/RC_2_1_10/

Everything else stays the same! Which means *if* the vote passes,
I will release on thursday.

All votes so far are invalid (there was only one from me anyway)!

So please cast your votes
Carsten