Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/20 23:06:08 UTC

Jenkins/Ubuntu2

Wow ... it really sucks that Tapestry's build need to run on Ubuntu as
other super-heavy hitters are also limited to that machine (such as
ActiveMQ, which takes about 7 hours to build).  Any idea what it would
take to get our builds onto a machine where we can see more than one
build a day?

Makes me think about installing Jenkins on tapestry.formos.com ...

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Jenkins/Ubuntu2

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
We are tied to Ubuntu2 because it's the only machine that has xvfb and firefox (needed for the
selenium tests) installed. If we install that on the other linux build machines as well we could use
any machine (and possibly also the windows build slaves).

Uli