Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Winona Salesky <wi...@uvm.edu> on 2007/03/23 19:14:53 UTC

Using cocoon to update index

Hi,
Is anyone using cocoon to index data? I'm trying to do this via cincludes
but I have had no luck. If you are using cocoon, and are POSTing data to
solr via a pipeline, would you share an example of how you have things
working.
Thanks for the help,
-Winona

---------
Winona Salesky
The University of Vermont Libraries
winona.salesky@uvm.edu

RE: Using cocoon to update index

Posted by "Binkley, Peter" <Pe...@ualberta.ca>.
I've blogged a method of doing this using Cocoon's webdav transformer: http://www.wallandbinkley.com/quaedam/?p=104

Peter

________________________________

Re: SolrSearchGenerator for Cocoon (2.1)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 10:53 -0400, mirko@sas.upenn.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked at the SolrSearchGenerator (this is the part which is of interest to
> me), but I could not get it work for Cocoon 2.1 yet.
>
> It seems that the there is no getParameters method for the
> org.apache.cocoon.environment interface:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Request.html
> I guess you using the getParameterNames and getParameter methods instead should
> do the trick.
>
> Or am I missing something?

No, you are right the "getParameters" is cocoon-trunk specific. I just
changed the code to be cocoon-2.1.x compatible.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=523081

Thanks for the feedback Mirko.

Now in cocoon-2.1.x to use the plugin in your custom project please do
the following
1) svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk forrest (this
checkout is our $FORRESST_HOME)
2) cd $FORRESST_HOME/main; ./build.sh
3) cd
$FORRESST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr
4) $FORRESST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy
5) cp \
$FORRESST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/build/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr.jar
$cocoon-2.1.x_webapp/WEB-INF/lib/

>>From there you can use the cocoon components as usual in your project.

salu2
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions

SolrSearchGenerator for Cocoon (2.1)

Posted by mi...@sas.upenn.edu.
Hi,

I looked at the SolrSearchGenerator (this is the part which is of interest to
me), but I could not get it work for Cocoon 2.1 yet.

It seems that the there is no getParameters method for the
org.apache.cocoon.environment interface:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Request.html
I guess you using the getParameterNames and getParameter methods instead should
do the trick.

Or am I missing something?

mirko

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Winona Salesky <wi...@uvm.edu>.
Thanks Chris, I'll take another look at the forest plugin.
-Winona

: Is anyone using cocoon to index data? I'm trying to do this via cincludes
: but I have had no luck. If you are using cocoon, and are POSTing data to
: solr via a pipeline, would you share an example of how you have things

you may want to take a look at the forest plugin Thorsten wrote, or the
Cocoon/Solr/Subversion presentation Bertrand gave at the Cocoon
2006 GetTogether...

http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.
output.solr/
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrResources