Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by melz <me...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/05 06:09:55 UTC

Installation problem - BerkeleyDB installed but not found

Hello,

I'm having some problems installing subversion (1.3.0). Currently, I
have BerkeleyDB 4.3.0 installed in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/

However, when I run configure, I get the following messages:
--
checking for Berkeley DB 4.3 in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3...
checking db43/db.h usability... no

In my BerkeleyDB.4.3 directory, I only have the following directories:
bin, docs, include and lib.

Am I missing something here?
Thanks, and sorry for the newbie questions.

-melz.

Re: Installation problem - BerkeleyDB installed but not found

Posted by melz <me...@gmail.com>.
> Did you check this thread?
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-11/1020.shtml

Thanks for the link.
However, rather than suggesting a solution, that looks more like an
alternative :)

-m.

Re: Installation problem - BerkeleyDB installed but not found

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.