Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by da...@hic.gov.au on 2003/06/24 01:22:28 UTC

Fortress : Positioning within Avalon

I noticed this change being made however, having updated my CVS copy at
home, I notice that Fortress depends on some of the Excalibur components (
excalibur-meta-sourceresolve, excalibur-store, excalibur-monitor - which
the GUMP build reports as broken).

This appears to be a circular reference between the projects. Where I am
coming from is that I am using Eclipse to look at the projects and I
therefore have more then a little "fun" in setting up the Eclipse build
order.

The problem is a little like the fact the the LogKit project has a
dependency on the Avalon Project via the LogKit2AvalonLoggerAdaptor.

Now I have used the ANT build script but does anyone else see my issue?

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.

Re: Fortress : Positioning within Avalon

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

david.gray@hic.gov.au wrote:

>I noticed this change being made however, having updated my CVS copy at
>home, I notice that Fortress depends on some of the Excalibur components (
>excalibur-meta-sourceresolve, excalibur-store, excalibur-monitor - which
>the GUMP build reports as broken).
>
>This appears to be a circular reference between the projects. Where I am
>coming from is that I am using Eclipse to look at the projects and I
>therefore have more then a little "fun" in setting up the Eclipse build
>order.
>
>The problem is a little like the fact the the LogKit project has a
>dependency on the Avalon Project via the LogKit2AvalonLoggerAdaptor.
>
>Now I have used the ANT build script but does anyone else see my issue?

I see your issue - IMHO excalibur content should not have any container
dependencies.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell