Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas den Braber <th...@delos.nl> on 2005/01/05 12:51:28 UTC

[mp2] Also problems with reloading modules after upgrade

I upgraded from 199_16 to 199_mod_perl-2.0.0-RC2-Xmas and found out that
Apache::Reload does not work the way it worked before.
I traced it back to the 199_17 version.
So in 199_16 everything worked fine, after 199_17 it did not.
I used the PerlSetVar ReloadDebug On in the apache.conf but nothing is
written to the error log.

All my modules have their own namespace. The main module reloads without
problems, most of the modules that are used from the main module (with use)
do not reload automatically. When I also change the main module the included
modules have problems with losing variable references from the main module.

The main modules is configures as the PerlResponseHandler all other modules
are called from within this 'main' module with 'use'. All modules are also
preloaded in a startup.pl file.

I run with Apache 2.0.52, libreq2-2.04 on a windows 2000 server (development
machine)

Thomas den Braber
Delos Software Solutions

RE: [mp2] Also problems with reloading modules after upgrade

Posted by Thomas den Braber <th...@delos.nl>.

Finally I have some more info on this issue. I installed my modperl handler
in a virtual host directive and now I see the Apache::Reload debug messages.
I found out that there is a difference between reloading in 199_16 and the
version above 199_16:

I changed the menu2.pm file.

Log from 199_16:

Posted by Vincent Moneymaker <vb...@hotmail.com>.
Thomas den Braber wrote:

>The main module reloads without problems, most of the modules that are used
>from the main module (with use) do not reload automatically.

That's the problem I am seeing