Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/08/22 18:44:18 UTC

Re: Implementation question re: package org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBConnection class

on 8/22/01 7:06 AM, "Adrian Geissel" <ag...@zenark.com> wrote:

> My question is this: Is there any particular reason that the DBConnection
> class does not implement the java.sql.Connection interface?

Because it is not a Connection, it is a wrapper around a Connection.

> Supporting the java.sql.Connection interface directly
> means that my abstraction layer has no external dependancy on Turbine, and
> allows it to provide access to pooled sql connections, regardless of
> underlying implementation.

It isn't that simple, a different solution is needed...

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-turbine-torque/proposals/jdbc2pool/>

Help us finish that up.

Thanks,

-jon