Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/09/26 23:02:21 UTC

[Any component] parameter element *is?* required

Hi all

Following is the code I'm trying to use to insert an id= in a <tbody>.
Since I don't need to do anything more on <tbody> I thought Any was the
most appropriate component to use.
As the returned error at the bottom shows I am obviously wrong.
The doc does not define the element as required and neither does the
example use one.

.html:
<tbody jwcid="tbodyDef">
</tbody>

.page:
<component id="tbodyDef" type="Any">
    <binding name="id" expression="tbodyId"></binding>
</component>

.java:
  public String getTbodyId() {
    return _rootNode.getLevel()+"lbody";
  }

Required parameter element of component TreeTableTest/tbodyDef is not
bound.
component:
org.apache.tapestry.components.Any$Enhance_18@287811[TreeTableTest/tbodyDef]

location: 	classpath:/org/dcg/tests/treetable/TreeTableTest.page, line
34, column 38

*However:*
Changing the .page entry as follows,

    <component id="tbodyDef" type="Any">
        <binding name="id" expression="tbodyId"></binding>
        <binding name="element" expression="'tbody'"></binding>
    </component>

does get me the desired result.
Is this correct? (& shall I make a 'bug'-entry on this?)

TIA
Fermin DCG

Re: [Any component] parameter element *is?* required

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
I think this feature was added in 3.0 beta-2, so if you are using a
prior version the element attribute will be required.

-Harish