Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jimi <ji...@mogul.com> on 2010/06/01 04:28:47 UTC

How can I make wicket handle 3:rd party CMS URL's?

Hi,

I'm currently investigating the possibility to use Wicket in front of a 3:rd
party CMS, and let the CMS generate the URL's. The CMS already has several
filters that can process the request and resolve the main objects (for
example the article). And I already successfully replaced the last part of
the CMS filter chain (that forwards to a jsp page) with the wicket filter,
and when I surf to the start page wicket can display it just fine (ie the
simple "If you see this message wicket is properly configured and
running"-message), and when I look in the HttpServletRequest object I can
see that all the objects representing the start/main page etc in the CMS is
available as request attributes just as I expected.

But how can I "catch" URL's generated by the CMS, apart from URL's to the
start page? I can't use regular bookmarkable page mounts since I have no
idea on what the structure will look like.

For example, lets say that we have the URL
www.my-site.com/news/asia/chinese-goat-travels-to-mars/13578. What is the
best way to make Wicket "catch" this url (as opposed to resulting in a 404)
and then decide what page class (stateless, most likely) to use depending on
the request attributes (note, *not* url parameters)? And that without having
to know about the news-section on before hand.

All I have read about Wicket and URL's is focused on Wicket being the one
generating the URL's in first place. But what I want is the exact opposite.

Is there an easy way to solve this? Should I implement
IRequestCodingStrategy? If so, is there some good class I can extend so I
don't have to implement all myself (the decode-method of
WebRequestCodingStrategy is final)? Is there maybe even some existing
example that I can take a look at?

Regards
/Jimi

Re: How can I make wicket handle 3:rd party CMS URL's?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
yep, extend WebRequestCodingStrategy and resolve the a
pagerequesttarget all the urls you want to handle. in later versions
WebRequestCodingStrategy  is no longer final, and even if it is simply
use the decorator pattern.

-igor