Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/15 05:00:19 UTC

More JavaLobby/dzone Treats (i.e. iBATIS survives DIGG effect)

In the continuing saga of the JavaLobby spin-off dzone.com, I proudly share
this on behalf of the iBATIS team...

----------------------------

Well, at about 6AM that morning it did get hit by a traffic tsunami. It was
huge, but when I woke up a half-hour or so later our baby was happily
handling everything DIGG could throw at it, and it wasn't even breaking a
sweat! It was a huge relief, and I believe it is a meaningful validation of
the excellent work of the developers of the open source Spring
framework<http://www.springframework.org/>,
Apache iBatis <http://ibatis.apache.org/> and the many other tools we
leveraged to assemble dzone.com. If anyone out there is still buying into
that "Java is slow. Java doesn't scale." malarkey, then I'll be delighted to
sit down with them to set the record straight. The access log was flying by
much too fast to read, yet the server was sitting pretty with a load average
hovering between 0.3 and 0.5. Matt woke up shortly after I did, and we both
heaved a major sigh of relief that the powers that be were smiling on us and
on dzo! ne.com. Mike, who is much more of a night owl, was sound asleep
until about 9:30 or 10:00 that morning and missed out on some of the fun.
(Digg's traffic wave is huge, but bursts very quickly and then tapers off
just as quickly <http://www.seomoz.org/blogdetail.php?ID=721>.)

Clinton