Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Pasquale Campitiello <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/26 16:44:39 UTC

Re: jUDDI in Synapse

Ok Sanjiva. I appreciated your precise answer.

In fact, Paul Fremantle (from the Synapse Project Team) indicated me this
two interfaces (API):

http://synapse.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/synapse/registry/Registry.html
http://synapse.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/synapse/registry/RegistryEntry.html

He said that "this implements read-only access to a Registry to read XML
data".

I don't kwon how to start. You said that it "should be relatively simple"
but I don't have a complete vision of the project.
What are the "default in-memory and WSO2" implementations?

Ok, I read here
http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Configuration_Language.html#registry about
registries in Synapse:
"To integrate Synapse with a custom / new Registry or repository, one needs
to implement the org.apache.synapse.registry.Registry interface to suit the
actual Registry being used."
How can I implemente the org.apache.synapse.registry.Registry interface? And
later, how can I set Synapse?

Now I'm able to deploy jUDDI 0.9rc5, but not jUDDI-2.0rc5 (there is no
documentation, and I got an error unresolved). Is that a problem for the
connection between Synapse and jUDDI?

Thanks

Pasquale Campitiello

Re: jUDDI in Synapse

Posted by Pasquale Campitiello <pa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I outlined my aims some posts ago:

for a university study I used BEA Aqualogic Service Bus as ESB and Aqualogic
Service Registry as UDDI registry. I studied the phasis to publish or import
services (ecc.) in external UDDI, that do this in automatic graphical
procedures (Aqualogic Service Registry) .

Then I tried to use Apache Synapse as ESB and Aqualogic Service Registry as
UDDI registry, but the present Synapse implementation doesn't let to do
(easily) what I need (publishing, importing and almost everything you do
with UDDI registries).

Now I have to try Apache Synapse as ESB and jUDDI as UDDI implementation.
I need to "connect" them for the publishing, searching, importing and almost
everything you do with services in UDDI registries.
Now I'm able to deploy jUDDI 0.9rc5, but not jUDDI-2.0rc5 (there is no
documentation, and I got an error unresolved). But I don't know how to
implement the interfaces that Synapse needs.

A simple scenario could be: I have several web services (business services,
proxy services) and I run them into Synapse, then I want to be able to
publish them into jUDDI and to find them. A very simple and basic approach.

Thanks.

Pasquale

Re: jUDDI in Synapse

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.