Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "oliver.stef" <ov...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/17 14:27:27 UTC

How to change the properties file location in Wicket

Hi all,

I just start using Wicket and I have a big problem!

I have a few sources files (Page (folder) with the files: Page1.html,
Page1.java, Page1.properties, Page2(another folder) with the files:
Page2.html, Page2.java, Page2.properties).

now, my problem is that i want to merge all the *.properties file into one
file (one *.properties file) that will be located in the src folder, or
under the root folder.

I don't know how to do it. i tried to read about "IResourceStream" but
still, i didn't understand nothing... :(

can someone help me with it?

Thanks!

Re: How to change the properties file location in Wicket

Posted by "oliver.stef" <ov...@gmail.com>.
Please change the sentence "so i want Wicket to load the "wicket:messag" in
the following order: "
to "so i want Wicket to load the "wicket:messag" from the following files:"

Posted by "oliver.stef" <ov...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

my usecase is:
I wan't wicket to search for the "key=value" in particular order, i.e:

let's say i have those propertis files:

1. ...\java\com\mycompany*\external\*WicketApplication_en.properties
2. ...\java\com\mycompany\WicketApplication_en.properties
3. ...\java\com\mycompany*\external\*WicketApplication.properties
4. ...\java\com\mycompany\WicketApplication.properties

so i want Wicket to load the "wicket:messag" in the following order:

<wicket:message key="eee" />     -->should be load from
...\java\com\mycompany\WicketApplication_en.properties

<wicket:message key="ccc" />      -->should be load from
...\java\com\mycompany*\external\*WicketApplication_en.properties

<wicket:message key="jjj" />         -->should be load from
...\java\com\mycompany\WicketApplication.properties

<wicket:message key="kkk" />      -->should be load from
...\java\com\mycompany\WicketApplication_en.properties

any idea?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
See org.apache.wicket.resource.loader.BundleStringResourceLoader

Or create your own impl of
org.apache.wicket.resource.loader.IStringResourceLoader and register
it with :
app.getStringResourceLoaders().add(yours)

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM, oliver.stef <ov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thank you for your help, but my problem is that i need to put my properties
> file in folder that is not next to the HTML and Java files.
>
> i need to change the look-up algorithm of wicket.
>
> Any body know how to do it?
>
> Thanks!

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: How to change the properties file location in Wicket

Posted by Thomas Götz <to...@decoded.de>.
Why do you need to change that? What is your usecase?

   -Tom

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Create MyApplication.properties and put it next to MyApplication.java.