Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Black <be...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2014/01/16 15:32:26 UTC

Producer flow control per queue

Hi,

I have producer flow control enabled for all queues.

My question is: if the memory limit for a specific queue is reached, is the
producer client send an exception due to the setting of:

sendFailIfNoSpaceAfterTimeout="15000" on the Broker.

Or is the failure only sent if the broker limits are reached?

Thanks,

Justin

Re: Producer flow control per queue

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
It will send an exception in either case, the destination limit has a
parent limit which is the system limit, so which ever limit is met
first will trigger the exception.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Producer flow control per queue

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
There is a unit test that you can play/modify at
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/20f384ce59b758a0f3c1b0e0620e2efd58ca230a/activemq-unit-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/bugs/JmsTimeoutTest.java

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com