Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Fabian Bieker <Fa...@netzwert.ag> on 2007/01/25 18:18:32 UTC

Samplers configured by multiple GUIs

Hi,

I wrote a JMeter Sampler which gets configured by two GUI Classes. One
for default settings and an other one for per Sampler settings.

The per sampler config GUI extends AbstractSamplerGui.
The sampler itself extends AbstractSampler.
The default config GUI extends AbstractConfigGui and createTestElement()
creates (and configures) a ConfigTestElement.

Everything works fine, the TestElements config is correctly merged by
the Sampler. I just have one problem:
When i change values in the default config GUI the sampler does not get
reconfigured (= modifyTestElement(...) is not called on it), only the
ConfigTestElement gets reconfigured. The changes to the sampler only get
applied after i select the sampler by clicking on it in the GUI tree,
which is kind of annoying since there is a bunch of them in my testplans.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterTestElements states that the
  Sampler have to take care of merging the configs, but do i have to
detect config changes in the default config GUI myself?

Is there any smart way to tell JMeter to reconfigure the sampler when
the default config gui is changed?

I could not find any help in the documentation or the mailinglistarchive.

Any hints?

Thanks,

	Fabian Bieker
--
Fabian Bieker, QA
Netzwert AG, An den Treptowers 1, 12435 Berlin, Germany

Re: Samplers configured by multiple GUIs

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, no idea how to fix this. All I can suggest is that you look at
how other samplers do this.