Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "schlumschlum.schlumschlumschlum@laposte.net" <sc...@laposte.net> on 2003/04/07 11:04:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Download problem

Hi !

We have a strange download problem with an apache 1.3.22
server :

We have an upgrade service that follow this process :

        - the client connect to our server and tells it
version of the soft.

        - the server read this version and create a temporary
folder in which he places all the files to download to upgrade
to the latest version. Usually there are about a thousand of
files (less than 5 Ko each) with the .html extension (with a
non-html content ...) and a few whose size is 150 Ko or so. we
send the path of the temporary folder to the client.

        - the client download all the files...

The problem is that during the download process, the flow
decrease regularly. We tried to use a SCSSI hard drive
thinking it might be an access disk problem but ... nothing
changed.
So :
        - Does it possibly be an Apache bad configuration that
causes this decrease of the bandwith during the download ?
        - Does the Content Negociation can have something to
do with it (as we use .html extensions without any html
content inside) ?
        - Does it be possible to make a specific configuration
of Apache for that it can handle such requests faster ?

We are making some other tests, but ANY help would really,
really be appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Jerome Schlumberger

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"