Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zeeshan Arain <za...@runningroom.com> on 2002/06/04 23:21:20 UTC

I need help with CGI Environment Variables.

Hello All,

            I am hoping that someone can help me.  I am new to Apache
and am having a problem.

            I am running Apache 1.3 on Red Hat 7.2.  I am having
problems displaying on of my pages that is located in my cgi-bin
directory.  When I try to display it on the client side, it gives me a:

Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, i.t.dept@runningroom.com and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
The error log states:

[Tue Jun  4 11:28:53 2002] [error] (8)Exec format error: exec of
/home/sites/runningroom/cgi-bin/ClinicQuestion.html failed
[Tue Jun  4 11:28:53 2002] [error] [client 192.168.10.29] Premature end
of script headers: /home/sites/runningroom/cgi-bin/ClinicQuestion.html

I did find something in he FAQ's section.
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/faqs/apache_faq_premature-script-headers

I have made sure that all the permissions are correct..  I have gone as
far a giving full access.  Still no go.  My next step is to add
environment variables to the module mod_env.  I have read a lot but am
having difficulty understanding what to enter in my httpd.conf file to
make this work.

Please help!!!

Zeeshan Arain

Web Proxy causes repeated requests

Posted by Richard Clarke <cl...@cs.man.ac.uk>.
List,
    Although I expect this is OT and more related to either my web browser
or my web proxy, can anyone explain the following.
When any code is returned other than a success code, it causes 3 consecutive
requests to be sent for the same page as though my web proxy doesn't
"believe" that it should be unsuccessful. Any ideas? Can I prevent this
somehow? Perhaps a certain http header will stop this happening?

Richard

Re: I need help with CGI Environment Variables.

Posted by Jason <jt...@cartmanager.net>.
Traditionally HTML files are not scripts.

Are you sure this file should be in the cgi-bin?  If you are, then try running the script manually to see if you can execute it

eg
yourprompt] /home/sites/runningroom/cgi-bin/ClinicQuestion.html

Does the script actually execute?  If not, then that is your problem.

I would imagine that you really don't want this to be a script.  You probably want it to go into your public_html directory instead.
   -Jason