Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Rafal Markut <ra...@mediawave.de> on 2006/02/23 18:36:20 UTC

Losing a session

Hello,

I use Turbine 2.1 with Torque, Tomcat 5.x and postgresql.

When I navigate on my application then suddenly HttpSession has diffrend
ID and my session information (like e.g. TurbineUser) has been lost.
It happens always in this same part of my apps (when I navigate on other
part, everything is OK).
What's more ... this application was working correctly but we made
migration on different server. This happens only on the new server.
Old server and new one - have different tomcat versions but both are
5.x.

I checked and debugged my code very carefully and I don't see any error
- in Action class comes suddenly RunData object with different sessionID
(data.getSession.getId()). When I see cookies (JSESSIONID)... it has
also different ID.

Does somebody have any idea?

With best regards,
Rafal

AW: Losing a session

Posted by Rafal Markut <ra...@mediawave.de>.
Hello,

> Since you are moving from one server to another this coule be caused by
> the
> structure of your deployment.
>
> Is the directory structure of your deployment identical on both servers?

Yes, the structure is identical (this same directory-structure, this same
web.xml). I just copied whole application directory.

> Another thought... do you have any code (in the trouble area) that is
> ending the session (due to a timeout, invalid authentication, etc)

No

With best regards,
Rafal

Re: Losing a session

Posted by Tony Oslund <ao...@bevcomm.net>.
Since you are moving from one server to another this coule be caused by the
structure of your deployment.

Is the directory structure of your deployment identical on both servers?  If
you have multiple WEB-INF directories for different portions of your site
then you will end up with different sessions, unless you have other pieces
of technology simulating a consistent session for you.  (Such as a front end
server talking to tomcat through a connector, etc, that is maintaining the
session id and passing it through).

As a test try making sure that everything is deployed to the same WEB-INF