Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Leo Prince <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/12 14:59:00 UTC

camel-kafka Consumer to stop reading new messages and process only inflight messages.

Hi Camel Users,

We are using camel-kafka consumer to read message from Kafka.While
performing Production deployment we kill this Java project and install a new
jar. We use systemctl to manage java processes. While doing systemctl stop
{java_process) I assume the inflight messages are lost. In camel route I am
looking for something like stop processing new messages in Kafka and I can
wait for all the inflight messages to complete and then stop the
java_process in systemctl and deploy the new jar.

Thanks!

Re: camel-kafka Consumer to stop reading new messages and process only inflight messages.

Posted by Leo Prince <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus, Graceful shutdown works for us.

Re: camel-kafka Consumer to stop reading new messages and process only inflight messages.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
See about graceful shutdown
http://camel.apache.org/graceful-shutdown.html

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Leo Prince <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Camel Users,
>
> We are using camel-kafka consumer to read message from Kafka.While
> performing Production deployment we kill this Java project and install a new
> jar. We use systemctl to manage java processes. While doing systemctl stop
> {java_process) I assume the inflight messages are lost. In camel route I am
> looking for something like stop processing new messages in Kafka and I can
> wait for all the inflight messages to complete and then stop the
> java_process in systemctl and deploy the new jar.
>
> Thanks!

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus